X-window on AMS

Post by Stephen-wei Chu » Tue, 21 Mar 1995 09:00:34

Hi,
I have a laptop from AMS, and I almost successfully loaded the X-window.
The final problem is that when I startx, the mouse does not work, i.e.
if I move the x on the screen by 2 inches, the X-server dies.
My laptop does not have mouse, but it has tractball.  So, in the
XF86Config file, I put in ps/2 mouse port, just as MS-window did.

I could not find any way to correct it, and would like to seek for help.
Thanks a lot.

Stephen Chung

1. X-window on AMS

Hi,
I have a laptop from AMS, and I almost successfully loaded the X-window.
The final problem is that when I startx, the mouse does not work, i.e.
if I move the x on the screen by 2 inches, the X-server dies.
My laptop does not have mouse, but it has tractball.  So, in the
XF86Config file, I put in ps/2 mouse port, just as MS-window did.

I could not find any way to correct it, and would like to seek for help.
Thanks a lot.

Stephen Chung

2. PROXY-ABUSE (Apache/Linux) - HELP and INFO wanted

3. X-window software for Windows/Windows 95

4. Intel Satisfaxtion/400

5. X-window slower then MS-Windows

6. Lotus Domino at startup and on different console

7. X-Window security: How to disallow window manipulation (closing, resizing, moving)

8. Documentation/DocBook/journal-api.sgml

9. How to install X-window on Microsoft Windows?

10. Gurus: why x-window is slower than MS windows?

11. X-Window client for MS Windows

12. X-Window theme for MS-Windows

13. X-Window client for MS Windows