SCSI Problem with ISApport SCSI Card (NCR53c406a)

SCSI Problem with ISApport SCSI Card (NCR53c406a)

Post by Carl R. Forsyt » Sat, 18 Jun 1994 08:13:55

   I have an ISApport 16bit SCSI-II Compatible Card. It has the NCR
53c406a chip on it. I have read the SCSI How-to and tried the command
line switches from LILO to no avail, it refuses to recognize the card
and hence the 500Mb Drive that is connected.  Is there a driver available
for this chip? If not here's the second problem. I also have a future
domain TMC-950 available for use, but once again there are problems. The
problems I find with this is that fdisk refuses to recognize either the
Sysquest 44Mb or the 500Mb Drive and often give floating point errors.

Now for System Info
80486DX-33 w/16Mb Ram
Slackware 1.2.0

-Carl

1. Installing Linux on a ISApport SCSI card

I recently downloaded Slackware Linux from ftp.cdrom.com and am
trying to install it. I tried both the scsi.gz and scsinet.gz boot
disks, but neither of them found my ISApport/20 SCSI card. It is on
IRQ 15. It is made by Acculogic, and I believe that it uses the NCR
53c406a. I need a boot disk that will detect my SCSI card, because my
SCSI hdd is the only one that has enough room for Linux. (IDE #1 has
6 megs free, IDE #2 has 1 or 2, SCSI has 501 megs free.) Is there any
way that I can either get a boot disk that works or modify the one I
have?
Also, I have an unrelated question that is probably in some doc file
that I haven't taken the time to read yet (I just got Linux today).
Am I correct in assuming that once it is installed, I can boot it
from DOS by typing something like "boot f:"? (e: is the DOS partition
on my SCSI drive, so I assume that the Linux partition will be mapped
to f: even though DOS can't read it.)

---

(Internet)
E-Mail addresses are in order of preference (AOL most preferred).

2. Hard time making NT PPP-connect to AIX 4.2

3. Support for Acculogic's Isapport SCSI Card...

4. Looking for problem tracking software

5. Support for Acculogic ISApport SCSI card?

6. Reverse DNS Verification

7. Support for Acculogic's Isapport SCSI Card...

8. Problems with XFree86 S3 patch Level 5 Server

9. Acculogic ISApport SCSI and NEC 73-type CDROM problems

10. SCSI: Does one need a special SCSI LVD adapter, over and above a SCSI card?

11. Kernel 2.0.? SCSI Problem with NCR53C406A

12. Prentium Pro 200, NCR53c406a SCSI & SyQuest Problem

13. Kernel V2.0.20 SCSI problem with NCR53C406A