PAS 16 statics problem

Post by Nancy Ho » Wed, 01 Jun 1994 04:54:26

Help!!

After alot of fiddlings with my PAS 16, it seems that I have to shunt pin 5 and
6 on jumber 2 to disable the relocatable addresing feature of the PAS 16 for
it to be recognized by Linux. Is this true?

Even though Linux now recognizes my PAS 16, there are alot of statics every
time I boot Linux.  In my DOS side, I have to put
        C:\PROAUDIO\MVSOUND.SYS D:3 Q:7 T:1
in my config.sys to eliminate the static problem.  From the PAS 16 manual, the
'T:1' switch "selects the 28.224 MHz frequency oscillator instead of the system
oscillator clock of 14.31818 MHz frequency".  How can I do this with the Linux
sound driver version 2.4?  How can I eliminate those statics?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!