LINUX/UNIX remote login - How to keep application running after logout?

LINUX/UNIX remote login - How to keep application running after logout?

Post by Martin Stefan » Sat, 21 Sep 2002 16:41:21

How to keep a common application (not a daemon) running even after you
logged out from you remote shell account?

I have an account on a unix system but no root access. I want to run a
webserver on it, but everytime I logged out the webserver closes. How
do I keep it running?

Thanks.

Post by asega aseg » Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:25:29

> How to keep a common application (not a daemon) running even after you
> logged out from you remote shell account?

> I have an account on a unix system but no root access. I want to run a
> webserver on it, but everytime I logged out the webserver closes. How
> do I keep it running?

  screen allows you to run applications and to keep them after logout

--

http://www.xunix.org/~asega     http://www.aliacom.fr

LINUX/UNIX remote login - How to keep application running after logout?

Post by Samue » Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:42:27

On 20 Sep 2002 00:41:21 -0700

> How to keep a common application (not a daemon) running even after you
> logged out from you remote shell account?

> I have an account on a unix system but no root access. I want to run a
> webserver on it, but everytime I logged out the webserver closes. How
> do I keep it running?

> Thanks.

May be with nohup?

--
FreeBSD 4.6.2-RELEASE i386

1. cannot run X-application from remote Unix

Hello,

I am new to Linux and X-windows, and would appreciate it if somebody
could tell me
how to run a X-application from a remote Unix.

I have included the remote Unix host in the /etc/host.allow file.
However, when I run
X-application in remote Unix (through telnet), I got the error messages,

"Xlib: connection to 'my host:0.0' refused by server"
"Xlib: client is not authorized to connect to Server"
"Cannot open display 'my host:0.0' "
where 'my host' is my Linux IP address.

Thank you very much

Newman

2. swsusp: comment updates and warning fixes

3. Automating Remote applications running on Unix

4. arrivederci

5. how to keep track of logins and logouts

6. tee stderr and not stdout?

7. How to keep jobs running after logout?

8. S3 Virge Drivers

9. How to keep things running after logout

10. I cannot keep jobs running after I logout?

11. HELP!! Keep process running after logout

12. How to keep program running after logout ?

13. "right" way to keep a process running after logout?