ftape+colorado=crc errors

Post by Andrew Robins » Fri, 17 Jun 1994 08:22:08

I having trouble with a new tape drive that I just purchased and installed a
few days ago.  Writing to tape works fine, but when reading from the tape, I
get a massive number of crc errors (around 15 in a 1.5 Meg file).  Most of
the errors are reported as 'single errors', which are corrected using ecc.
Using the tape drive under dos gives no errors at all.  I'm using ftape-1.12c
and Linux kernel 1.1.19.  I also tried kernel 1.0.9, but had the same problem.
I also tried increasing the number of ftape buffers, but that didn't solve
the problem either.  Also, the errors do no always occur at the same point in
the file, if I try to read the tape multiple times.  Any suggestions?

--
Andrew Robinson

1. ftape-0.9.8.a and pl14 crc errors

I keep getting crc errors in segments 0 through 7 and then the backup
aborts...is anyone having these problems?  I have a Colorado Jumbo 250
on a Promise VL-4030 VLB caching IDE controller and a freshly formatted
tape (just did one) and I keep getting these errors.  I am using
tar -cvf /dev/ftape * to backup the drive...am I doing anything wrong?
Any help would be appreciated.

Dean

---

A Proud part of Net Logic Incorporated.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2. second ethernet device on RS6000

3. ftape I/O error with Colorado Jumbo tape streamer.

4. ip-up doesn't run

5. FTAPE/Colorado 250MB/Slackware Install, "FAiled: I/O error"

6. Group Permissions

7. ftape I/O error with Colorado Jumbo tape streamer.

8. the userspace side of driverfs

9. ftape-2.02 build error: ftape-read.c:621 `VERIFY_WRITE' undeclared

10. Ftape setup (Gateway P5-66/Colorado Jumbo 250)

11. Help : ftape with Colorado 350.

12. ftape - Quic 80 Colorado

13. I need Help with FTAPE and Colorado Jumbo 250