HELP: Problem with rlogin: rcmd: socket: Permission denied

HELP: Problem with rlogin: rcmd: socket: Permission denied

Post by Gwobaw A. » Thu, 12 Jan 1995 12:55:02

Hi,
I am working with slackware 2.1 and having this problem for all
the users except root.  When the user tried to rlogin to some
machine, this is what the system tells him:
   rcmd: socket: Permission denied.

Everything is working for the root user though.

BTW: When I started xdm as root, regular users are able to login
but 'xterm' doesn't work.  This is what it said when user tried to
'xterm':
   Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
   xterm Xt error: Can't open display: :0.0

Other utilites such as xclock, xcalc are working fine.

Please send your help to my email address:

Thanks in advance.
--- Gwobaw Wu

    3334 EECS
    Univ of Michigan