1. Sound Card Help: ALSA driver, ESSOLO 1938 PCI Sound Card
I actually got pretty far into this, but can't make a peep come out of the
speakers (I just had a horrible thought - speakers are plugged in and turned
Got ALSA Drivers, utilities, and library files, did standard configure, make,
make install for each.
In a console window under KDE, did the following:
1. insmod soundcore - got nothing back, so I assume that worked.
2. ran the snddevices script - it happily reported making a ton of devices.
3. Edited my etc/modules.conf to the following
alias net-pf-4 off
alias net-pf-5 off
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-es1938
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
4. ran modprobe snd-card-es1938 - got nothing back, so I assume that worked as
5. I tried a couple of the tools available under the "multimedia" option of the
KDE menu - none of them can access the output dev. I tried the chmod, still no
joy. When I run /utils/alsasound start, it reports that the driver is already
running. I postulate that may be so, but would like to confirm my hypothesis by
actually hearing something from the speakers. Any help would be appreciated.
2. Small MANPATH problem
3. azt2320 sound card and alsa sound drivers
4. Jumpstart with DHCP across subnet boundaries?
5. Using alsa-sound drivers with the Trident 4d Wave sound cards
6. Does socket I/O Block?
7. ALSA cs4237b soundcard drivers
8. Help Shell in Linux
9. Troubles with ALSA Sound Card drivers for ES1868 / ES1688
10. ALSA driver problem, SBLive! sound card, RH 8.0
11. ALSA drivers and Aztech (Trident) PCI sound card
12. configuring sound card to use ALSA drivers
13. CS4232 driver driving CS4237B -- sound problem solved