What is '%'and'!' in email address

Post by Chutima Subsiri » Wed, 25 Jan 1995 13:00:35

        I get 'xtiff.tar.z' from mirrors site , but I found bug in it and
I want to contact with owner of packages. His email are :

        I mail messages to him several times but he's very quite.
If anyone have a way to contact him please mail to me.

        Another problem : I want to contact someone by email but
his email address consists of symbol '%' or '!' that when I send
mail to him then the mail return to me because unknown user host.
Mail address is wrong , or I send it wrong method.

                                Thanks.

What is '%'and'!' in email address

Post by Pixelate » Thu, 26 Jan 1995 03:18:30

Quote:>    Another problem : I want to contact someone by email but
>his email address consists of symbol '%' or '!' that when I send
>mail to him then the mail return to me because unknown user host.
>Mail address is wrong , or I send it wrong method.

put a \ in front of each % or !, or put the whole name in "", like so:

somewhere\!host\!joe or "somewhere!host!joe"

--
Richard Cooley Extraordinaire           "Yeah.  Arrgh."

1. What're '!'and'%' in email address

        I get 'xtiff.tar.z' from mirrors site , but I found bug in it and
I want to contact with owner of packages. His email are :

        I mail messages to him several times but he's very quite.
If anyone have a way to contact him please mail to me.

        Another problem : I want to contact someone by email but
his email address consists of symbol '%' or '!' that when I send
mail to him then the mail return to me because unknown user host.
Mail address is wrong , or I send it wrong method.

                                Thanks.

2. Capturing/Converting vt100 to plain ASCII

3. cancels in 'big8 ' for 'munged' email addresses?

4. kernel page faults

5. Is different 'Ethenet address' from 'Mac Address' ?

6. vinum + softupdates?

7. Email: Difference between 'sender' and 'from'?

8. Is SyGate Completely Incompatible With Linux DHCP??

10. How to email from internet site to 'uucp' and 'bitnet' ?

11. sendmail: Rewriting 'from' and 'reply-to' addresses...

12. Will changing IP address affect 'rlogin'/'telnet'?

13. 'double' or 'dbl' or 'dble', the disk space utilty