Need uucp Dialers info - USR Sportster 14.4k

Need uucp Dialers info - USR Sportster 14.4k

Post by Bob Mye » Thu, 04 Nov 1993 01:38:26

I'm wanting to add this modem to my home system as an alternate means of
getting usenet news feeds for my Linux system.  If anyone has already
set their uucp control files up for the Sportster, I'd appreciate it if
a copy of all associated entries could be emailed to me at this address.

thanks

bob

1. USR Sportster 14.4k Internal

I am trying to configure a new modem under linux.  Linux seems to
recognize the modem OK, but something is wrong:

When communicating to the modem, I need to hit enter twice after each
AT command to get a response. Worse yet, input gets trunctated and the
kernel reports input overrun errors.  I have tried speeds as low as
9600 and I still get overruns.  I have scanned all available
documentation and have not been able to find an answer.

The same modem works fine in the MS Windows terminal emulator.

Help!

-- Buck

2. Restricting "su" - want old behaviour

3. UUCP Configuration(USR 14.4k)-HELP!!!

4. Help needed - Re-routing of "Failed Mail" messages

5. external USR Sporster 14.4k fax/modem

6. Postgres patch?

7. Improve term response w/ 14.4K USR?

8. Can't Launch Netscape Browser as Root

9. USR 14.4k fax/modem

10. Need help w/ DIP and connecting at modem speeds over 14.4K

11. Need help using DIP and connecting at higher than 14.4K

12. Need Dialers info - Pract. Periph. 14.4k

13. 2.4 -> 14.4k modem migration problems