term programs

Post by kaif » Tue, 16 Aug 1994 20:28:36

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone have src or binary of the following program
that works under term:

- rlogin
- ping
- whois
- archie

if so where can I find them?  Also, is there a port of webster client
to linux?  I found the source but can't get it to compile.

Thanks.

--

GE/CS d? H s-;+ g+ p? !au a- w+ v---(?) C+++ UL+++ P+ L++ 3 E- N+++ K++

term programs

Post by Patrick Reijn » Tue, 16 Aug 1994 23:34:59

Quote:>Hi
>I'm wondering if anyone have src or binary of the following program
>that works under term:
>- rlogin
>- ping
>- whois
>- archie
>if so where can I find them?  Also, is there a port of webster client
>to linux?  I found the source but can't get it to compile.

Hi,

If you are running term 2.0.x, which is necessary if you want for example run archie, you can just get any source from the programs you mentioned, read the README.porting from term, port your sources and compile them. Ready to use.

Don't forget one thing. Programs using UDP need term version 2.0.x. In lower versions UDP support is not available.

>Thanks.
>--

Patrick Reijnen

--
************************* Patrick Reijnen *************************
* Department of Computer Science, Catholic University of Nijmegen *

* WWW:    http://{atlas,zeus}.cs.kun.nl:4000/homepage.html        *

1. Term program with vt100

I'm using SCO 3.2v4.2 and I'm looking for a term program that has vt100
right now I am using Telix which has vt102, but that doesn't really work
exactly right.  Does anybody know of a program like Telix that has vt100
and where I can get it?  There must be some shareware programs out there.

Chad Lemmen

2. CGI/Perl - Tables

3. Term program help????

4. Motif (where?)

5. Term program on boot disk?

6. Any new books

7. term program for Sun with zmodem?

8. unforgettablelanguages.com - any users?

9. Recommendations for X term program?

10. term: programming questions?

11. Term program for SCO 3.2v4.2

12. Can I use xdm with a PC-Based X-Term program?

13. Descent TERM Program???