Sitecom PCMCIA problem

Post by Erwin Ma » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 02:18:39

Hey people,

I am new to RedHat 7.2

I am running on a Compaq Pressario (laptop) 390, P-Celeron 500, 64 Mb RAM, 5Gb HD,
Sitecom 10/100 PCMCIA FastEthernet, and some other stuff.

The install went fine (albeit the amount of options was somewhat
overwhelming, but convincing)
Rebooted.
My network won't run.
Or to be more concise, the cardmanager doesn't recognize my card (it emits a
high beep (meaning ok start or so) and a low beep (unrecognized card)).
This is ok, i had the same under redhat.
I have these files, lna100.o and config.lna100n.
The former (under redhat 6.2) goes under /lib/modules/2.2.14-6.0/pcmcia/
and the latter goes under /etc/pcmcia
the (still in redhat) I 'vi /etc/pcmcia/config' and append the line 'source
./config.lna100n'
Restart the cardmanager '/etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia restart' and bingo.

So in RedHat 7.2, I stuck the lna100.o in /lib/modules/<current
kernelname>/pcmcia/
The config.lna100n went into the /etc/pcmcia
I edited the /etc/pcmcia/config file
and issued '/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart
a high beep (succesful load) and a middle-tone beep (?)
ifconfig showed no eth0

being a linux-almost-newbie,
i am stuck.
anyone?

1. Sitecom Wireless PCMCIA (WL011 v2)

I have the mentioned PCMCIA card, unfortunately this version of the
card use an AMD chipset that doesn't work with he atmel driver
reported on Sitecom's web site. AFAIK AMD was going to develop a
driver for this chipset, but that was back in August and then I
heard nothing. I googled for it, but found nothing more than the
aforementioned idea of developing a driver.

Anybody has more information about it?

Davide

2. NIS+ Problems

3. HELP: SiteCom PCMCIA ethernet chip?

4. Any reason to use nscd for hosts if named is running locally?

5. sitecom pci 10/100 ethernet card

6. xmcd static elf?????

7. Driver for sitecom wl-113

8. kernel compilation errors

9. sitecom USB 2.0 card

10. Sitecom Wireless LAN card ..

11. sitecom fast pci ethernet card

12. Sitecom ISDN TA128 USb

13. Having problem with PCMCIA and USR Sportster PCMCIA modem