1. Need info/help: AHA1522 jumpers
Having trouble getting the following setup to work. I'm hoping it's a mucked
up jumper, otherwise I'm clueless. A jumper summary would be most appreciated,
even if that *isn't* my problem :)
Old stuff (been working fine, mostly):
Dell XPS-90 Combo-bus
Linux 1.2.13 + vortex.c
3Com 3c590 PCI Ethernet card
16M EDO memory
1.2G IDE drive
4x IDE ATAPI cdrom
#9 GXE Pro 64
VT320 hanging off COM1
Generic 14.4 external off COM2
The new stuff, of which *something* is mucked up:
Adaptec 1522 ISA SCSI board - ID 7, IRQ 11, port 340 (no conflicts)
External-cased Quantum Fireball 1280 series (~1G) - ID 0 (seems to be req.
by the 1522 to be at 0 or perhaps 1). On-board BIOS enabled.
Kernel boots, finds the card with no problems. Attempts to scan the devices,
times out on each one - including the drive. On a whim, tried a FreeBSD 2.2
snapshot. It finds the drive, IDs it ok, and proceeds to time out attempting
to do anything to it. Note that this behavior is consistant over: External
termination, on-board drive termination, or *no* termination.
Reason I suspect a jumper: I've reset, reset, checked, prodded, poked,
swapped, and otherwise adjusted everything else I can find to adjust.
And there are a lot of jumpers with nifty functions that I'm not able
to decipher without some documentation (picked the drive up from a friend
who didn't need it anymore, but the docs had gone the way of the great
mulch pile in the back).
Reason I don't just go to Adaptec's docs: I did, it isn't there. The 1540
jumpers are, the 1522 Q&A is, but not the 1522 jumpers. *sigh* I've emailed
them, but I figured I'd waste a couple thousand valuble dollars of the
precious computer time we all pay for, and see if anyone out here was faster
(or even, heaven forbid, could tell me I was a twit and it isn't a jumper
at all, but some blatantly obvious thing that I'm not seeing).
Thanks for your time,
But I started this dance, and a storm kicked up
The sky went black from coast to coast
It was too late to stop, it was too late to pray
2. Is there a general tcp proxy program?
3. Help: Gateway G/Ethernet AT card: jumper/switch Settings
4. kerberos / OpenAFS on aix 4.3.1 - linux
5. Jumper settings for WD8003E ethernet card?
6. Where do I get PPP?
7. Xircom Ethernet PCMCIA info needed for the Ethernet driver?
8. My sendmail installation notes...
9. Need help with SMC EtherEZ ethernet card setup...please read :)
10. Jumper settings for cards needed!
11. need WD8003 card jumper settings
12. Need jumper-settings for Adaptec 6360 SCSI-card
13. I need INFO on server setups/system setups for WEB HOSTING