Does anyone know the log file for mount?

Does anyone know the log file for mount?

Post by The Doct » Wed, 16 Nov 1994 03:49:37

: Dear all,
:       Does anyone know the log file for the mount? If I export some
: directories for other to mount, how can I know who is mounting these
: directories? And how can I know what they have put files if I permit they
: do so?  Moreover, how can I set the directory writable because I have set
: (rw) but still not work.
:       Thanks a lot.

A guess would be /usr/adm/messages or /usr/adm/syslog.

Post by Bill Braught » Wed, 16 Nov 1994 04:50:50

>: Dear all,
>:   Does anyone know the log file for the mount? If I export some
>: directories for other to mount, how can I know who is mounting these
>: directories? And how can I know what they have put files if I permit they
>: do so?  Moreover, how can I set the directory writable because I have set
>: (rw) but still not work.
>:   Thanks a lot.

Nope no log file as shown below from the man page for mountd.

BUGS
       The  current implementation (still) does not keep track of
       remote mounts.

I found that by setting my dirs 755 it made them where they were writable.
I don't have any theories as to why this works and why it needs to be this
way, but it works so I use it. Probably one day I will figure it out since
I don't always like have 755 permissions on my stuff.

                                                        Bill

Post by Patrick » Tue, 15 Nov 1994 10:48:09

Dear all,
        Does anyone know the log file for the mount? If I export some
directories for other to mount, how can I know who is mounting these
directories? And how can I know what they have put files if I permit they
do so?  Moreover, how can I set the directory writable because I have set
(rw) but still not work.
        Thanks a lot.

Patrick

1. Does anyone know anything about LOCUS' DOS MERGE running on Linux

I am about to install linux.  I'm wondering if the DOS MERGE product
will run on it, to run DOS as a process under X.  There's a new
version of Merge that's just come out that supports DOS 5.0 and
Windows 3.1.  I'm particularly interested in that version.

Thanks.

Josh Lobel

P.S. I spoke to Locus yesterday and they said that
        a) hooks in kernel are necessary
        b) they need to make an OEM agreement w/someone, because they
           can't sell directly to users -- who could this be??

     Can dosem run windows yet?? when??

2. Creating user accounts for training.

3. Anyone know an app that's capable of doing this?

4. rtl9139 doesnt work but no errors ?

5. Anyone know of a Telnet logging system ?

6. pcmcia modem

7. Anyone know how Jason's doing...?

8. Building a 2.0 kernel from a 2.2.14 based machine

9. Im trying to land a jod doing QA Does anyone know where I can find?

10. putty logs ? anyone know how to

11. to know DOS is to know Unix?

12. anyone know which Config file X looks at first?

13. Does Anyone know how to compile Imakefile files ???