Specialix XIO drivers ??

Post by S H CH » Sat, 31 Dec 1994 20:47:26

Is there a driver for the Specialix XIO intelligent serial port card ?
The Serial FAQ says that Linux does not support any intelligent cards but
we know that there are Linux drivers for the Cyclades (sp?) card so my
copy of the FAQ must be out of date.

The local Specialix rep says no, but I am hoping that someone out there
can prove him wrong.

SH Chua

Specialix XIO drivers ??

Post by Karlheinz Hag » Wed, 04 Jan 1995 04:54:44

: Is there a driver for the Specialix XIO intelligent serial port card ?
: The Serial FAQ says that Linux does not support any intelligent cards but
: we know that there are Linux drivers for the Cyclades (sp?) card so my
: copy of the FAQ must be out of date.

: The local Specialix rep says no, but I am hoping that someone out there
: can prove him wrong.

Yes :-) There where alpha drivers for the Specialix SIO/XIO on the last
Infomagic CD Set. I think you will find this driver on sunsite or better
on a mirror of this busy system :-)

Kalle
--
Don't hit me!!  I'm in the Twilight Zone!!!

Specialix XIO drivers ??

Post by S H CHU » Thu, 12 Jan 1995 09:35:46

> : Is there a driver for the Specialix XIO intelligent serial port card ?
> : The Serial FAQ says that Linux does not support any intelligent cards but
> : we know that there are Linux drivers for the Cyclades (sp?) card so my
> : copy of the FAQ must be out of date.

> : The local Specialix rep says no, but I am hoping that someone out there
> : can prove him wrong.
> What are you doing with the Specialix XIO card? How good is it? I am
> interested in setting up a small BBS and would like to know more about
> this. Thanks.

I am using it on a PC running SCO Xenix and custom software to provide
dial-up access to our databases.  The 8 port XIO card that I have has
been very reliable so far but I am considering migrating to
Linux/Cyclades configuration for my new server.

BTW, thanks to the replies that I received, I found alpha versions of the
Specialix driver on sunsite.  Haven't got around to compiling it though.

1. Specialix SIO/XIO driver 0.8.1 - important bug fix

2. Solaris 2.5.1 OS hardening

3. Caldera 2.2 + Specialix SI/XIO?

4. Loadlin Problems with kernel 2.4.9

5. Specialix SI/XIO

6. HOWTO configure AUTOMOUNTER, autofs ?

7. FS: Specialix MTA/M XIO 8port, $150ea in qty

8. Tar

9. Specialix driver-Please help!

10. 3.2.4 drivers for Specialix cards

11. Fix for memleak in Perle Specialix driver

12. Looking for drivers for Specialix RIO

13. Specialix driver