Slack 1.1.2 Vidmode problem

Post by Ka » Sat, 05 Mar 1994 05:28:04

Hi,

  I'm trying to change my linux text mode to higher resolution.
  After I read the manual I tried to use "vidmode" but it doesn't
  seems to be working, and I edited "kernel MakeFile" and recompiled
  the kernel but I still get same 80x25 text mode.
  Can someone please help me on this? I already spent two nights for
  this but no solution.

  Just in case, I have Dynamite Pro VLB w/2meg which uses Tseng 4000Wi
  chip with NEC MultiSync 4FGe.

  Thank you.

--
+ Kay H. Choi

+ Department of Computer Science
+ State University of New York at Buffalo

--
+ Kay H. Choi

+ Department of Computer Science
+ State University of New York at Buffalo

1. Slack 1.1.1 or Slack 1.1.0

        The aggresive Slackware keep someone happy. But for a seasonal unix
user like me, it is a nighmare to keep up with the newest version(so is SLS)
. I had SLS a year ago. Because upgrade means reinstall from scratch, I
gave up and delete SLS. Now I am back. I want to ensure what I get will
serve me for next year. My local BBS has Slack1.1.0. The newest version
1.1.1 just out. Can someone give me some suggestion on which to get.

2. Patch to make 2.4.13 compile on s390

3. setting video mode with 'vidmode'

4. Flow Control in local printers

5. boot VidMode EGA+

6. OKIDATA 400 LED printer problem

7. What would be the right place to ask about vidmode and VMWare setup?

8. Integrated IDE & SCSI Card

9. newbie help/vidmode

10. Can't set vidmode to query

11. console vidmode, besides 640X400?

12. VidMode -- how do I use it?

13. (bug?) Discrepancy between X vidmode and monitor display