XF2.1.1, CL5428 and xfig

Post by David Mathi » Sat, 04 Jun 1994 08:36:46

I am running X on a Cirrus Logic 5428 card.  I recently
upgraded to XF86-2.1.1 because I thought that it would
solve the screen distortion problem when running xfig
(putting "chipset 5424" in Xconfig fixes it but I guess
it also slows things down a bit).  After installing, however,
I still get this problem.  Has anyone else with a 5428
installed 2.1.1 with a different result?  If so, what
did you do to make it work?  Thanks.

--

1. xfig and XF2.1 (bug in XF2.1)

My system:

486 DX2/50
8 Meg
VESA 5248 Cirrus Logic gfx.
{Linux 1.0 or 99.pl14} with XF2.1

My Problem:

2.1 is great except that when I run XFig, the top of the screen becomes
corrupted by, apparently, xfig writing data all over it !
Since I am not running as root, I assume that it is a bug in 2.1 rather than
xfig, as xfig shouldn't be able to get past the MMU.

I haven't seen anything like that since I had an Amiga :-)
I'm running 2.0 now and everything is fine (if a touch slower).
___

C++ consultant and emacs support. Mail me if you have any problems.

2. xxgdb wierdness

3. XF2.1.1 shell window freezes

4. ACL for directories

5. XF2.1.1 to XF3.1: experience wanted

6. Out of inodes

7. how to use XF3.1 server with XF2.1.1

8. ppp problem when eth0 interface is active

9. #9 GXE-64 w/XF2.1.1 ???

10. Cirrus CL5428 and XFree3.1.1, a bug in X386-SVGA-Server ?

11. HELP Please: xfig and kde 1.1.x

12. problems with ctwm, xfig-2.1.1, xloadimage3.03 under slackware-elf-beta

13. Where do I get the latest kernels of linux (1.1.7x or 1.1.8x)?