X blanking HELP

Post by Peter Chody » Fri, 30 Sep 1994 14:43:34

I have recently installed linux and XFree on my machine. Linux seems to function correctly
as too does X. However when I leave X running for a while, the blanking screen saver
blanks the screen to a colour white rather than (prefered) black.

Any suggestions on what might I be doing wrong will be greatly appreciated.

Peter

1. vi blanks out, long listing blanks screen

On the console of a sparc5 solaris 2.3, (and on many terminal sessions),
when using vi, the first screenful of information appears and then
scrolling down makes lines disappear, except for the line the cursor is
on and the last line on the creen.  Scrolling up only reveals the first
lines that appeared on the first screenful.
Similarly, when listing a man page, ls, cat, whatever, any amount of
lines that scrolls past the screen "jumps" to a new blank screen, rather
than scrolling down a line at a time? Is this a know bug, and is there a
way to fix it?
Thanks.

--

http://www.interport.net/~ford/

2. 3com 509 not being detected by Linux 1.2.13

3. vi: convert double blank lines to single blank lines???

4. Linux install???

5. multiple blank lines -> one blank line

6. redhat color printimg

7. vi: convert double blank lines to single blank lines???

8. Q: Windows Fonts?

9. XFree86 4.01: blank lines in terminal and blank terminal???

10. Console blanking: blank on demand

11. trim multiple blanks in text file to just one blank

12. command for help (cutting lines with blank)

13. Help: bizarre shimmer on Mach32...goes away after screen blank