problems with shelltool(openwin), key repeat, 3-button mouse

problems with shelltool(openwin), key repeat, 3-button mouse

Post by Dan Eldr » Thu, 05 Jan 1995 03:51:39

1.  Under openwin, shelltool and cmdtool work fine until a large file
is printed, after which they both hang.  Both xterm and color_xterm work
fine.

2.  Under kernel 1.1.75, the automatic key repeat doesn't work under XFREE (3.1).
It works under a previous kernel (1.1.58?).

3.  I can't get Linux to recognize my serial mouse (Microsoft compatible) as
a 3-button mouse when the switch is in the 3-button position.  3-button
emulation works fine.

I welcome any suggestions to a Linux newbie.  BTW kudos to everyone who has
contributed to this terrific OS.

System:  kernel 1.1.75 with IDE patche, Pentium 90, Intel Premier II motherboard.