How do I make an Ygdrasil boot floppy?

Post by Rory To » Sat, 18 Feb 1995 13:13:46

How do I make an Yggdrasil install floppy? I am unable to use the
supplied floppy, as I had to make a new kernel (1.1.68) in order to
have AHA-2940 support. It boots fine and recognizes my SCSI drive and
cdrom, but I need to somehow tell it to mount root from cd. How would
one do so? My first crack at installing lilo on the floppy didn't
go so well... I guess I installed LI, and not LILO.

Thanks

           Good, bad - I'm the guy with the gun.
                                -Ash, Housewares

1. Making custom boot floppies without a floppy.

Assume I have a laptop computer without a floppy
drive ( I don't, but assume it anyway :).

I want to create a custom boot cdrom.  This
seems to require that I have a floppy drive
to create the (lilo)  boot section for the cd.

Is there software, or a procedure, available
that will allow this without the actual floppy
drive?

Thanks in Advance,

John

2. How to use com ports 5-8?

3. Making Boot floppy to boot in single

4. apache user auth

5. Linux floppy won't boot, DOS floppy will

6. Beware, beware when munging around /var/mail...

7. Make the boot floppy boot dos?

8. Q re:increasing the size of a partition

9. Making Linux read DOS Floppies

10. making a DOS bootable floppy on Linux

11. Making boot floppy with non-default kernel

12. Making a boot floppy -- /unix too big

13. making a boot/root floppy.....help.....