HELP: Mouse dies sometimes when switch virt scrn to/from X

HELP: Mouse dies sometimes when switch virt scrn to/from X

Post by Paul_A Gauthi » Sat, 19 Nov 1994 03:12:24

I have a bizarre problem. I have a very recently installed Slackware
(like 1.5 months) system. I upgraded from a 1.5 year old SLS system,
where I never had this problem.

The problem is this: I run X on virtual screen F8. I do most of my
work on text virtual screens F1-F7. So I switch back and forth from
X to these other screens a lot.

Fairly regularly, but not every time, when I switch back to X the
mouse gets retarded. It will only move down and left in little
stutter-steps and the buttons don't work.

Usually I can fix this by switch back and forth to a text screen a
few times. Not always, sometimes the entire system seems to hang
when I'm on the X screen. I have to reboot.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Paul

--
Paul Gauthier

"Ready to climb?" ... "Does it *&^$ing look like I'm ready to climb?!"

1. phys to virt and virt to phys help please

I am writing KLD driver and want to access physical memory. I assume I will
need to convert to/from virtual memory from looking at some Linux code.

In Linux I see they can use phys_to_virt() and virt_to_phys() to map
physical memory to/from virtual memory.

I have dug into source and found some BIOS conversions, but not generic
conversions.

How do I do these conversions in FreeBSD?

thanks

--

-- Steve --

2. 2.7 GB EIDE Drive

3. Mouse dies on KVM switch

4. tin -r news reader

5. switching console from ttya to monitor/mouse -- ttymon dying

6. Run process when restart the server.

7. Problem switching X->virt. console

8. Linux/Sympatico High Speed/Cable modems?

9. MOuse in virt terms?

10. Apache dies on SIGHUP...sometimes

11. NS Enterprise 2.0 server won't die (but only sometimes...)

12. BUG: 2.5.68 fails (sometimes dies) with X/i830 graphic board

13. ypserv dies sometimes !