Term won't compile

Post by NGUYEN SON TRU » Tue, 23 Aug 1994 20:46:00

Dear Netters:

        I am trying to compile term203, the first step is to use
the configure command.  Here is what I got as a complain.

Quote:>Linux:~/term200# configure --root
>You need dll tools 2.11 or greater for
>dynamic libraries.  Using static instead.
>term configured to build on linux and install in /usr/local
>use of dynamic term libraries suppressed

This is as far as I got.  I am running kernel 1.1.37

I would really appreciate it if some kind soul can tell me
exactly where I can get this dll tools.  I
I got a feeling it is going to take a looonnnnng time to
get this thing up and running.

Thanks Very Much,

Please EMAIL

--
S. Nguyen

Term won't compile

Post by Patrick Reijn » Wed, 24 Aug 1994 00:59:44

Quote:>Dear Netters:
>    I am trying to compile term203, the first step is to use
>the configure command.  Here is what I got as a complain.
>>Linux:~/term200# configure --root
>>You need dll tools 2.11 or greater for
>>dynamic libraries.  Using static instead.
>>term configured to build on linux and install in /usr/local
>>use of dynamic term libraries suppressed
>This is as far as I got.  I am running kernel 1.1.37
>I would really appreciate it if some kind soul can tell me
>exactly where I can get this dll tools.  I
>I got a feeling it is going to take a looonnnnng time to
>get this thing up and running.

No it isn't. First of all you can go on compiling term. The configure is done correct. Only thing is that libraries are static instead of dynamic, so your binaries will be a bit larger.

If you want to have dynamic libraries your also not far from home: look at sunsite.unc.edu in the GCC directory. Somewhere in this directory you will find the file tools.2.15.tar.gz or something like it (I believe 2.15 is the newest version). Get it, compile it (should compile without any pain), install it and reconfigure term and 'make' it. The whole traject was done by me in 15 minutes inclusive ftp'ing all the files.

Quote:

>Thanks Very Much,
>Please EMAIL
>--
>S. Nguyen

Patrick Reijnen

--
************************* Patrick Reijnen *************************
* Department of Computer Science, Catholic University of Nijmegen *

* WWW:    http://{atlas,zeus}.cs.kun.nl:4080/homepage.html        *

1. help needed: AWE32 PNP won't work - kernel won't compile - gurus read this!

Hello all,

I went through the Sound howto files, I tried to make the AWE32 PNP
work via the /etc/rc.d/rc.modules (auto detect for IRQ 5 DMA1 and 5)
I tried to compile my kernel for the AWE32 PNP sound blaster but the
message I receive while compiling is:
sb_common.c:21: #error You will need to configure the sound driver
with
CONFIG_AUDIO option.
sb_common.c:266: warning: `sb16_set_mpu_port' defined but not used
make[2]: *** [sb_common.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sub_dirs] Error 2
make: *** [linuxsubdirs] Error 2

Any suggestions/solutions. There seems to be no way of dactivating
the mpu interface with the make config option. Nor I do not now how to
enable it or disable it on the soundcard.

Thanks for your  replies!!!!!!!!

2. installing alsa 0.9

3. TERM-compiled 'routed' or 'gated'

4. Need to sleep after aiowrite (or aio_write) to socket or write may not complete...

5. Anyone out there compile 'term' client on 4.3BSD?

6. zsh bug

7. 'insmod' won't load newly compiled modules

8. Q: what is the uuencode algorithm?

9. ftape won't compile: 'NR_FTAPE_BUFFERS' undeclared

10. ftape won't compile..._irqaction is 'missing'

11. gcc won't compile C++ but will compile C, help!

12. Failed to connect to term socket '/home2/irvine/.term/socket'

13. Apache1.2.5/6 won't compile, but Apache1.3b5/6 compiles well