f2c: where is libF77, libI77?

Post by Weiping Hu Materia » Sat, 09 Oct 1993 13:35:41

When I try f2c under Linux, I got a c source file with comments that the
file must be link with -lF77, -lI77 and another two libraries.  So I compile
the file with gcc -c, and got an object file all right.  When I try to link
it with

ld -lF77 -I77 et al

I got the message libF77 not found, which is absolutely true, because I
couldn't find it either:-).  But where can I get these files?

If I link without these libraries, it complains that "symbol _MAIN__
undefined."

Anyone could help me out?  Also what is the latest status on the GNU g77
project?  Your help is appreciated.

-weiping

f2c: where is libF77, libI77?

Post by Mike McBa » Sat, 09 Oct 1993 21:11:19

Quote:> When I try f2c under Linux, I got a c source file with comments that the
> file must be link with -lF77, -lI77 and another two libraries.  So I compile
> [ . . . ]
> I got the message libF77 not found, which is absolutely true, because I
> couldn't find it either:-).  But where can I get these files?

There is a library called libf2c.a, which is an amalgam of libI77 and libF77.

It may still not work, but that is the target you need.

--
---
Mike McBain                                 Faculty of Business & Economics

+61 3 573 2646                              Australia    3145

f2c: where is libF77, libI77?

Post by Bill Reynol » Sat, 09 Oct 1993 21:32:59

   When I try f2c under Linux, I got a c source file with comments
   that the file must be link with -lF77, -lI77 and another two
   libraries.  So I compile the file with gcc -c, and got an object file
   all right.  When I try to link it with

   ld -lF77 -I77 et al

   I got the message libF77 not found, which is absolutely true, because I
   couldn't find it either:-).  But where can I get these files?

   If I link without these libraries, it complains that "symbol _MAIN__
   undefined."

   Anyone could help me out?  Also what is the latest status on the GNU g77
   project?  Your help is appreciated.

   -weiping

Try -lf2c.

        -Bill (William Reynolds Non-equilibrium Structures)

Out of circulation till the dogs get tired....
                                        T. Waits

f2c: where is libF77, libI77?

Post by Steven A. Reism » Sun, 10 Oct 1993 01:35:59

: When I try f2c under Linux, I got a c source file with comments that the
: file must be link with -lF77, -lI77 and another two libraries.  So I compile
: the file with gcc -c, and got an object file all right.  When I try to link
: it with

: ld -lF77 -I77 et al

use:  ld -lf2c

On my system the library is /usr/lib/libf2c.a

Steven Reisman

1. trouble with yggdrasil f2c (possibly f2c in general)

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the code generated by f2c to compile.  I made a simple f77 program calculating the sin of a number and writing it to the screen. The code is the f2c 'd and gcc with the following comand

   gcc -lF77 -lI77 -lm test.c

a series of link errors then comes up saying

/tmp/cca00#####.o undefined symbol _sin referenced from text segment

Canother undefined symbol is _do_lio.

Any help in resolving this would be appreciated. I am a Linux Newbie but have been very impressed so far.

Thankyou,
Susan

--
                   Susan E. Schudt  -  Ph.D. Candidate to be...
                University of Notre Dame  -  Chemistry Department

                           Goooooooooooooooo  IRISH!

2. How to create a linux boot disk

3. f2c and structures, commercial f2c

4. NCR3400 SERIES adding disk drives

5. libF77 needed

6. Mutex corruption when using DECthreads

7. libF77.a question

8. Usenix sites.

9. Help! Need libF77.so.3!!!!!!

10. Where is libF77 ?