Problem with talk

Post by Dennis Duffn » Wed, 14 Sep 1994 15:46:59

I've recently developed a problem with talk and I hope someone here will
see what's wrong and point me in the right direction.

When I invoke talk to one particular user, who has mesg y set, I get:
Connected Refused. (111)

What does this mean?  The man pages don't help.

--
/-------------------------------------------------\
| Dennis Duffner               "No matter where   |

| #include disclaimer.h           Buckaroo Bonzai |
\-------------------------------------------------/

1. Problems with talk

Hi mon!

When I initiate a talk to a user on a remote machine (in this case a sun)
from my linux system I get the message

"checking for invitation on caller's machine"!
(whatever that means...)

Apparently the user I send the talk to on the remote system never sees my
talk request!

What's the deal?

GanjaTron

2. Solaris error ? (b_stliopt_generic: t_alloc)

3. Questions about getting 24bit on a Sparc 20.

4. Problem with TALK

5. help! Where is 'anonymous ftp server'?

6. Problems with talk/ytalk

7. Proxy

8. Problems with Talk under Linux

9. Problem with Talk...