waiting for printer to become ready???

Post by Sam Tanno » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 14:42:49

I've tried everything in the printing-HOWTO document (fooled
with permissions, removed PLIP (recompiled), tried everything
I could think of).   I'm using slackware's latest (linux 1.09)
and I can't seem to get anything to print.  Nothing works:
not piping to /dev/lp0, not lpr.  When I do lpc stat, I get
the following:

----------------------------
myprinter:
    queing is enabled
    printing is enabled
    1 entry in spool area
    waiting for myprinter to become ready (offline ?)

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.  I've run out of ideas.

Thanks,
Sam

: ----------------------------
: ------------------------------------------

: Any hints would be greatly appreciated.  I've run out of ideas.

: Thanks,
: Sam

I have a very similar problem except that /dev/lp1 does not work on my
computer. If anyone comes up with a solution could they also contact me.

Mark Sztainbok

1. rp: raw - Red Hat 6.1 waiting for printer to become ready (offline ?)"

I would send 3 jobs to the printer named plinux on a Jet Direct box.
Using the command lpr -Pplinux /etc/hosts I would only get one job
printed and the others would just vanish. After changing rp: from text
to raw the problems went away and the lpc>status is as follows after
printing:

 plinux:
        queuing is enabled
        printing is enabled
        no entries
        no daemon present

printcap entry:

plinux:\
        :rm=plinux:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/plinux:\
        :lf=/var/log/lp-err:\
        :sh:sf:\
        :rp=raw:\    <<------ set this to raw for Oki Maitrix printers
        :mx#0:

Hope this help someone,
                         Thanks John

2. ppp demand dialing and Netscape

3. waiting for lp to become ready (offline?)

4. 3-button emulation in WindowMaker?

5. lpc status: waiting for lp to become ready (offline ?)

6. partitioning w/ windows, dos logical drives

7. lpr: waiting for lp to become ready (offline ?)

8. DHCP Problem

9. fork,exec and wait and wait and wait and wait

10. How do I make my Apache httpd becoming Java-ready ?

11. Waiting for device to become available.

12. TC & PPP: waiting for ppp0 to become free, usage count=blah

13. Printing - Waiting for lp to be ready