PPPD and Proxy Arp, need help

Post by Nick Groe » Thu, 29 Dec 1994 04:58:58

Hi,

I am using Linux 1.1.70 and pppd 2.1 patch level 2. I would like to share
the internet access through ppp on one system with the other nodes in my local
network.
According to the man pages, proxy arp is the way to go, but one way or another,
this does not work for me. I have recompiled the kernel for all nodes, with
ip_forwarding enabled. I did allso set proper routing. No joy.

Could someone with a working pppd/proxy arp configuration contact me, please.

Thanks in advance.

-- ---------------------- That's all, folks ------------------------------ --

PPPD and Proxy Arp, need help

Post by Mark Gringl » Wed, 04 Jan 1995 11:10:32

> Hi,

> I am using Linux 1.1.70 and pppd 2.1 patch level 2. I would like to share
> the internet access through ppp on one system with the other nodes in my local
> network.
> According to the man pages, proxy arp is the way to go, but one way or another,
> this does not work for me. I have recompiled the kernel for all nodes, with
> ip_forwarding enabled. I did allso set proper routing. No joy.

> Could someone with a working pppd/proxy arp configuration contact me, please.

> Thanks in advance.

> -- ---------------------- That's all, folks ------------------------------ --

One small suggestion would be to get 2.1.2b if you don't already.

See Ya.
Mark

1. Help on PROXY ARP needed

I'm trying to configure my slip-dialin-server (ibicom) as a gateway to
another host (ibi), which is connected to my local ethernet network.

According to the NET-2-HOWTOs, this can be done by using proxy-arp.

But when I invoce proxy-arp (/sbin/arp -s ibi 00:00:c0:a1:42:e0 pub),
following error message appears:

Has anybody got an idea, how I could solve this problem? (I'm running a
1.1.54 kernel with the IP forwarding option enabled)

Thanks
Martin

PS
Are there other alternatives how slip-dialin-users could access machines
on my local network?

2. connection lost when scanned with nmap - iptables

3. ARP proxy - help needed

4. COMMERCIAL: Open Sound System for Solaris x86

5. Need help with Proxy ARP!

6. NT to win-network over linux-dialin

7. pppd 2.3.3 proxy arp problem ???

8. silo overflow - please help

9. Proxy ARP with pppd

10. pppd server proxy arp error

11. pppd dialin and proxy arp

12. Proxy arp (how to add an arp entry)

13. Proxy ARP grief, just can't get box to respond to ARP request