PINE does not work...

Post by f.. » Tue, 14 Jun 1994 10:09:54

Hay all,

I have the Slackware version of Linux, straight from ftp.cdrom.com.
I am trying to get PINE to work, but when I start it, I only get an
empty prompt, that is, no propmt at all, and no menu.
The only reply I can get is if I start it with the -h for help command.
I cannot seem to find any documentation on how to set up the Pine Mailer.
I have gone through the Man file, and I have set up the Pine.conf file in
the directory as said by the manual, but no luck . I have tried the
wee editor, PICO, which works fine, no problem there.

Anybody an idea what I do wrong, or where I can get detailed Setup doc's??

Greetings, Bart Kindt, Dunedin, New Zealand.

PINE does not work...

Post by Kevin Spous » Thu, 16 Jun 1994 01:16:43

>Hay all,
>I have the Slackware version of Linux, straight from ftp.cdrom.com.
>I am trying to get PINE to work, but when I start it, I only get an
>empty prompt, that is, no propmt at all, and no menu.
>The only reply I can get is if I start it with the -h for help command.
>I cannot seem to find any documentation on how to set up the Pine Mailer.
>I have gone through the Man file, and I have set up the Pine.conf file in
>the directory as said by the manual, but no luck . I have tried the
>wee editor, PICO, which works fine, no problem there.

Strange...  After installing Linux, I fired off smail -bd and then fired off
PINE.  It said something about creating config files and 15 seconds later, I'm
sending mail..

I, too, run the Slackware dist and I have have virtually no problems since
grabbing the 1.2.0.3 distribution in late April.  (Other than operator
errors.. heheh)_

1. Pine 3.95 and pine.conf/pine.conf.fixed

Hello all,

Just a quick question for today.  I recently installed q-mail on my
system to replace sendmail.  One of the things required by this install
is moving the mail folders to the users directories.  System is FreeBSD
2.1.5-Release, Pine is version 3.95.

I would like to set up Pine to default to a file (Mailbox) in the user's
home directory.  I know I need to set inbox-path=Mailbox but for some
reason Pine seems to ignore it's system wide configuration file.  If you
specify the system wide file, it works fine.

I've got pine.conf in /usr/local/lib/ as specified as the default
location for the global config file in the man pages....  Where'd I go
wrong?

Thanks for any pointers!!

-Dave

PS: An e-mailed reply in addition to a follow up post is greatly
appreciated as my news feed isn't all that great ;)

--
~|~|_  _   |  _  _ _|   _  |`  /~`|_  _  _  _
 | | |(/_  |_(_)| (_|  (_)~|~  \_,| |(_((_)_\
Ever been to the Realm of Chaos? Check it out!!

2. High Availability solutions??

3. pine not working after upgrade

4. KDE und xeyes

5. smail, pine not working

6. how to fix dlopen?

7. ipchains : ftp does not work from dos prompt

8. -- e2fsck/mke2fs problem with large (4GB) disk

9. forwarding ippp-eth0 dos not work

10. mformat dos not work

11. SCSI works in DOS, not Linux

12. Serial works under Dos, not Linux

13. Partitioning does not work on extended DOS-Partition