SliTex for Linux

Post by Pa » Sat, 07 Jan 1995 02:30:29

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of SliTex for Linux?  I installed Tex/Latex for
Linux but it seems like the package doesn't come with SliTex

Dennis
                   Georgia Institute of Technology
      School of Electrical Engineering, Atlanta, GA  30332-0250

                        PHONE: (404) 894-2955

SliTex for Linux

Post by Andre M.A. van Leeuw » Sat, 07 Jan 1995 23:03:05

You don't need a separate slitex, just use*and it will
work as if you use slitex.
Read the manual pages!

|Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI)|
|Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands|

SliTex for Linux

Post by jim heffer » Sat, 07 Jan 1995 11:01:07

Rather than answer your question (the answer is to look on pip.shsu.edu;
tryquote site index slitex), I'll ask you if you are sure you need
SliTeX.  The only reason to run it, really, is to print out old files.
If you are generating new stuff, there are many better things out there.
Look into seminar.sty (also at that site).  Also try quote site index foil.

SliTex for Linux

Post by Ian Maclaine-cro » Tue, 10 Jan 1995 19:40:07

>Does anyone know where I can get a copy of SliTex for Linux?  I installed Tex/Latex for
>Linux but it seems like the package doesn't come with SliTex

>Dennis
>--

My Slackware 2.1 comes with LaTeX2e which integrates SLiTeX into LaTeX.

Lamport,*A Document Preparation System, 2nd Ed,, 1994 explains how to
make slides using LaTeX2e. It is much simpler than the old SLiTeX.

If your*is 2e try this:

\documentclass{slides}
  \begin{document}
    \begin{slide}
      \begin{center} \Large
        SLIDES ARE EASY\\
           with\\
         \LaTeXe
      \end{center}
    \end{slide}
  \end{document}

I hope you agree :-)

Regards,

1. Where is slitex for Linux?

Hi
I have been looking around for a version of slitex for linux without
luck.  Anyone out there knows of a source or binary for slitex? Please
send me mail.

2. print a file

3. Slitex for Linux?

4. Hyperterminal to UNIX machine