Help with INN setup. HELP

Post by Nathan Stratt » Sat, 24 Sep 1994 23:02:24

    Hi, I am trying to set up a news feed form sprint and I am having a
lot to problems. First I added news.sprintlink.net and for test purposes
added dns.novanet.com to /usr/lib/news/host.nntp when I am on
dns.novanet.com and telnet to port 119 I get connect refused. Why is this
do you need something other then dns.novanet.com in that file. Also when
I start INN I run /usr/lib/news/etc/rc.news and I think that all I need
to d. Is it, is there a way to run it at startup? Oh, I also removed the
nntp line in /etc/ined.conf, sprint said I needed to. Please, If you can
help send me some mail I need to get this working today, sprint dose not
work on the weekends. :-)

Thank's for all of your help.

Nathan Stratton     CEO NovaNet, Inc. On-Line Communication Services

1. inn -- setup: help!

is there a good online manual for setting up inn ?  I can't seem to find
one and I'm finding it very confusing and would appreciate any help
anyone can provide.

RedHat 7
inn 2.2.3-3
--
Jeffrey Bacon
Java Programmer Extrordinaire!

http://chat.carleton.ca/~jjbacon

2. sound configuretion in SuSe linux!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. INN /MSProxy setup help please ...

4. Fujitsu M2654sa 2gb drive on ss20 ?

5. help with inn setup InternetNews

6. Interested in contract opportunities in MA

7. Help for INN setup, Intranet (no external feed)

8. nesting 'case' statements

9. INN Setup, help, I'm going round in circles!

10. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

11. help help help help help help

12. Xaw scrollbars within dialog box widgets HELP:HELP:HELP:HELP:HELP:

13. HELP installing linux HELP (in setup)