Why Screen saver is white not black?

Post by Hsuei Ling » Fri, 26 Aug 1994 08:59:03

Sorry for this question, I saw it before but I miss it.

Why My screen saver turn white instead of  black and how to set up the
default screen saver under X?

If I don't login as root, the modem is always lockup. How can I fix it?

1. Console-Screen-Blanking: black chars on white screen

Hi,

I'm doing a lot of my work on the Linux console. Used to that good old
ASCII-Terminals I looked for a utility that would give me black
characters on a white screen. I found setpalette from Koen Gadeyne's
SVGATextMode-Packackage (thanks Koen). The following ioctl's along
with a proper setting of kernel_palette do the job:

    fd = opentty("/dev/console");
    if (ioctl(fd, GIO_CMAP, kernel_palette))
    if (ioctl(fd, PIO_CMAP, kernel_palette))

But there is one disadvantage: The routines for screen blanking simply
make everything show up with the background's color. This gives me a
blanked screen, which is really paperwhite :-(

Any hints ?

Gerd

2. ISDN GW & win95 --> to much ISDN traffic

3. Screen saver turns my screen white !!!

4. Is there a Internet-phone server for Linux ?

5. Why my screensaver turn white not black?

6. Linux on the Macintosh ?!

7. Disable screen-saver and low-power standby (monitor black screen)

8. The future of Sun's Java

9. I am tired of white text on black background

10. Black Screen, White Square, Help!

11. Screen blanker (Black iso White)

12. X loads, mouse works..but just a black& white screen

13. Multi-user CDE blinks black and white with no screen, HELP!