Processor Affinity

Post by N. Ga » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 05:17:28

Hi

Is there processor affinity on RHL Advanced Server 2.1 and if yes, how
can this be controlled on a SMP machine ? I.e. is there a way to bind
processes to specific procs. from the user shell ?

Thank You

Noel

1. processor affinity

I have a scheduling question:  I wrote this little jewel:

main() {
  while(1);

and ran it on my quad-pro box here using 2.1.92.  This process
bounces around from CPU to CPU.  I'd expect it to "glue itself"
to one processor and stick to get max cache benefit.  Is there
something more to be done on my part to enable "processor affinity"
of some sort?

It bounces around at the rate of 1-2 times per second, with no other
load at all on the system, other than normal net interrupts and
daemon stuff...

--
Robert Hyatt                    Computer and Information Sciences

(205) 934-2213                  115A Campbell Hall, UAB Station
(205) 934-5473 FAX              Birmingham, AL 35294-1170

2. Setting up a Sound card / Setting up a standart modem in Corel LINUX OS Deluxe

3. Setting processor affinities to threads under Pthreads

4. The solaris certification

5. processor affinity

6. Mouse Pointer Problem in Gnome

7. How to boot into the Redhat installer

8. Processor Affinity

9. Setting linux processor affinity

10. process affinity mask and system affinity mask

11. Q: 1 processor vs. 2 processors

12. Best Dual Processor board and processor