1. US Robotics Sportster 14.4
Modem manufacturers drive me nuts.
A customer has a US Robotics Sportster 14.4 modem that he
wants to use for dial in. The manual is incomprehensible
to him, and doesn't seem to have any reference to DTE
rate or anything like it.
So, he called USR for help, and of course was told that
he doesn't need to set the DTE rate. Well, of course
he *does*, 'cause this is Unix. USR's response? "We
don't support Unix".
As he had the benefit of some coaching from me before making
the call, he said that he wasn't asking them to support
Unix or to know anything about it, and that the ONLY thing
he needed to know was how to fix the DTE rate at 19.2.
No luck. He "doesn't need to do this", and they don't
support Unix. End of conversation.
I know the modem supports this. If anyone can tell me the
at commands to set this puppy at 9600, 19.2, 38.4, I
would sure be a lot happier :-) I'm pretty sure that
anything else I need is in their manual, but if you
happen to know something that isn't either obvious or
2. HP Laserjet 3200m, Printing on USB, RedHat 7.1
3. US Robotics Sportster 14.400 External modem :((((
4. ADIC DLT??
5. ?Modem Dial In configuration for US robotics sportster modem
6. 1 * MZGlhiyMe-UUencode and Solaris problem
7. Internal Sportster US Robotics
8. Frequently Asked Questions about Unix - with Answers [Monthly posting]
9. Help: Internal US Robotics Sportster Winmodem 33.6
10. Is US Robotics Sportster 33.6 DSVD internal supported under Linux?
11. Running efax with US-Robotics 14.4 (HELP!!!)
12. HP LaserJet 5L, US Robotics Sportster Modem
13. US Robotics Sportster 56K modems and AIX 4.3.2