how to set up Internet gateway/how to set up two ethernet cards on Linux

how to set up Internet gateway/how to set up two ethernet cards on Linux

Post by Atul Var » Thu, 30 Jun 1994 06:26:41

I need to set up one of my two Linux boxes as an Internet gateway for my
two-machine LAN.  First off, I have both machines each using an Ethernet
card for NFS.  Now, how can I put in another card in each to run a TCP/IP
network between both machines and then the Internet (which must have
another Ethenet card in it to connect to the Internet *breathe*) - I mean
Linux can only handle one Ethernet card!   To top it off, the router
handling Internet traffic is connected via a SCSI controller!!
(Morningstar SnapLink routers).

I really need a Ethernet-pro out there to contact me!! I am in a real
mess here!!!

- Thanks!

--
[ Atul Varma               |    Sysop, StarBase Mintaka BBS (614)442-7779 ]

[ Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A.   |    Raytraces, Fractals, and graphics demos   ]
[ MACINTOSH SUCKS!!        |    500 MB online, 300-14.4k BPS, SHS BBS 3.2 ]