Linux Doc Project - How to?

Post by Stephen E. Farl » Mon, 08 Aug 1994 06:48:46

I downloaded, printed and read the FAQ from sunsite called FAQ. It refers
to some docs in /pub/Linux/docs/LDP on sunsite such as :
   Linux System Administrator's Guide
   Installation and Setup Guide for Linux
etc.
I tried to ftp them but couldn't. I get a message about it not being an
ordinary text file. How do I get these??

Stephen E. Farlow           Amateur Radio Call:  KJ5YN
Houston, TX.

Linux Doc Project - How to?

Post by Patrick Reijn » Tue, 09 Aug 1994 03:05:21

Quote:>I downloaded, printed and read the FAQ from sunsite called FAQ. It refers
>to some docs in /pub/Linux/docs/LDP on sunsite such as :

                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I hope you have seen that this directory contains a lot of subdirectories and almost no normal text files. Names like 'install-guide' are directory names !!!!
:-)

>   Linux System Administrator's Guide
>   Installation and Setup Guide for Linux
>etc.
>I tried to ftp them but couldn't. I get a message about it not being an
>ordinary text file. How do I get these??
>--

>Stephen E. Farlow           Amateur Radio Call:  KJ5YN
>Houston, TX.

Patrick Reijnen

--
************************* Patrick Reijnen *************************
* Department of Computer Science, Catholic University of Nijmegen *

* WWW:    http://{atlas,zeus}.cs.kun.nl:4000/homepage.html        *

1. Linux Doc. Project-- How does one contribute?

I have a document that a number of people have found helpful in setting
up ppp on their machines. (axion.physic.subc.ca/ppp-linux.html). I
wanted to contribute it to the LDP (Linux Documentation Project) as a
mini-HOWTO.
However, I have now tried emailing the coordinator three times, and have
gotten no reply whatsoever.

What procedure should I be following?
Thanks.

2. Solaris and Soundblaster mixer

3. Question regarding fonts in linux-doc-project-user's guide

4. Sony CDROM problem

5. Linux Doc Project WWW pages available for FTP mirror

6. 24" monitor modeline?

7. Linux Doc Project

8. Usefull book on System Administration??

9. Linux Doc Project `Manifesto'

10. HELP! Need Linux Doc Project docs in ASCII not TEXX!!!!

11. translate from MS Word doc (.doc) to Portable doc (.pdf) with Solaris 5.6

12. Importance of the DOC project

13. uucp man/doc project (any volunteers?)