Can't remove LILO

Post by Daniel Tr » Thu, 08 Sep 1994 05:00:00

>I have a IDE drive with a linux partition and a dos partition
>The installation appeared to fail due to the presence of LILO.
>I then decided to remove linux and reformat the hard drive removing
>the linux partition.
>        Upon booting up now the letters LI appear and the machine
>hangs. How can I remove the remains of LILO?
>Thanks for any help

boot your pc with a dos disk.  Type fdisk /mbr (master boot record)

Can't remove LILO

Post by gr.. » Thu, 08 Sep 1994 04:13:08

I have a IDE drive with a linux partition and a dos partition
The installation appeared to fail due to the presence of LILO.
I then decided to remove linux and reformat the hard drive removing
the linux partition.
        Upon booting up now the letters LI appear and the machine
hangs. How can I remove the remains of LILO?

Thanks for any help

Chris

1. Use 'fdisk /mbr' under NT 3.51 to remove lilo & linux?

Hello:

        I need to remove lilo, and several linux partitions from my
system. I have a dos/win/winNT3.51 (i.e. FAT) partition and three linux
partitions following. I also have lilo which enables me to boot either
linux or dos/win/winNT. Can I use fdisk under NT to remove lilo & linux
without disturbing the dual boot setup which NT created - if so, I would
like to know the steps. Or, do I need to use fdisk under dos or linux
first? Also wondering if I can make the last three (now linux) partitions
into one for the use of NT as an NTFS partition ?  I used FIPS to
resize the primary partition to enable me to create the partitions for
linux in the first place. Any specifics/help much appreciated.

Brett

2. new ISP

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. What's a return stack worth?

5. ps->tex html->tex?

6. Remove LILO, and reinstall Win95's MBR?

7. Question on 2nd copy of linux

8. I can't remove LILO !!!

9. MBR-Can't remove LILO completely-HELP!

10. Help !! Can't remove LILO :(

11. FDISK /MBR doesn't remove LILO

12. lilo can't find /etc/lilo.conf, even though it's there