T3400 Accupoint mouse on Linux+XF2.1

Post by Shoji Yu » Thu, 07 Apr 1994 00:47:04

I made the question about the Accupoint device on Toshiba
T3400 one week ago.

Date: 30 Mar 94 14:17:30
Newsgroups: comp.sys.laptops,comp.windows.x.i386unix,comp.os.linux.questions

Does anybody succeed to run XFree2.1 over Linux on
T3400(Mono) with the Accupoint as a mouse device?

Linux itself could be installed without any problem, but the
mouse device could not be opened by the X server.  It says
the resource is busy.  At the bootup time, the kernel
recognizes the PS/2 mouse device.  And the strange thing is
that even on the console screen the pointing device looks
alive.  If I operate the stick, then a cursor moves around
and grabs some characters on the screen but looks out of
control somehow.

'selection' written in /etc/rc.d/rc.local.  By removing that
statement and rebooting the system, the brand new pointing
device works fine as PS/2 device on XFree2.1 with Linux.  I'm
very happy about its light weight and its long-life battery
now.

Thanks,
Shoji Yuen

--
         ^ ^            .

1. xfig and XF2.1 (bug in XF2.1)

My system:

486 DX2/50
8 Meg
VESA 5248 Cirrus Logic gfx.
{Linux 1.0 or 99.pl14} with XF2.1

My Problem:

2.1 is great except that when I run XFig, the top of the screen becomes
corrupted by, apparently, xfig writing data all over it !
Since I am not running as root, I assume that it is a bug in 2.1 rather than
xfig, as xfig shouldn't be able to get past the MMU.

I haven't seen anything like that since I had an Amiga :-)
I'm running 2.0 now and everything is fine (if a touch slower).
___

C++ consultant and emacs support. Mail me if you have any problems.

2. sending Signals to Process created by another user

3. Toshiba AccuPoint mouse query

4. Arcnet and Linux 1.2.8

5. Using Accupoint Mouse in T4900CT

6. Help with vloopback

7. How to use Toshiba's accupoint stick 'mouse' device?

8. cc whatever -ll

9. Laptop mouse problem Accupoint

10. Need help with Toshiba AccuPoint "mouse"

11. Help with a AccuPoint mouse...

12. ACCUPOINT Mouse Question (Toshiba Laptop)

13. Toshiba 425CDS Accupoint mouse problems