Can You compile Xvnews ? I still can't...

Can You compile Xvnews ? I still can't...

Post by Rafael Pinil » Sun, 24 Jul 1994 09:25:43

     I have a Linux box with Slakware 2.0
     X11r5, Integral COmpilation stuff with OpenLook Xview toolkit installed.

    I still get xvnews 2.2.1 compiling with errors.
    I get the sources from ftp.uu.net
/networking/news/readers/xvnews/xvnews-2.2.1.tar.gz

   The guide and guide/libguide subdirs Makefiles have some minors bugs, but
the first dierctory, with xvnews main source, still get error....

   If anybody could compile it, please notify me and upload one well
configured binary archive (with the source, for the people who like that) to
SunSite or tsx-11...

    BTW, i'm look for anys other (good GUI aware) news Reader for XWindow...

    I use to read this group and my MailBox...
                           Rafael Pinilla
                           Linux * at work...

Post by Hans de Graa » Mon, 25 Jul 1994 18:05:33

>    I still get xvnews 2.2.1 compiling with errors.

>   The guide and guide/libguide subdirs Makefiles have some minors bugs, but
>the first dierctory, with xvnews main source, still get error....

xvnews compiles fine on my system, which is also Slackware 2.0 based.
It wuld help quite a bit if you could tell us about the compilation
erros you get. This way we can't really diagnose the problem.

Hans
--

Delft University of Technology        Department of Information Systems

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. Linux Man Pages book.

3. Newbie having problems with a newly compile kernel... Logs attached.

4. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

5. System for small (<120MB) disk

6. CGI: apache canned response

7. QAccess SCSI BIOS / VLB Support

8. For those of you tired of canned distributions...

9. Canned "ping"

10. Any Canned Class code?

11. PPPD or Tin Cans: Which is Better?

12. xvnews compiles but won't run under Solaris 2.3