-->!!HELP: Network Unreachable when using PPP connection

-->!!HELP: Network Unreachable when using PPP connection

Post by as.. » Mon, 19 Sep 1994 18:03:52

Hi, I am having difficulty in setting up the network for PPP (which is
working, as evidenced by the success by PING).  I know how to setup the
network for Ethernet connection.  Could someone please tell me the major
differece in the setup files (rc.inet1, rc.inet2, hosts, ...)?

After initiating PPP, I can't even use the loopback.  Whenever I try
telnet or ftp, I get the "Network Unreachable" message.  However, I
am able to telnet to the PPP server.

to post this message does not seem to accept mail.

Thank you in advance.

Arthur

1. -->HELP: Network Unreachable when using PPP

Hi, I am using PPP with dynamic IP assignment.  I managed to get PPP connection
work but the problem is:  whenever I use the telnet or ftp command, I get
"Network unreachable" error.  The machine was configured on networked
environment before I took it home for PPP connection.  Could someone tell me
how I should set up the network files (/etc/rc.d/rc.inet(1,2), /etc/hosts,
/etc/resolv.conf, etc.)?   BTW, I am able to telnet or ftp to my PPP server
but can't do that to any other machine, including my own machine running PPP
client.

Thanks,

Arthur

2. How to remove COMMITTED info from Hard disk?

3. PPP help -Network is unreachable

4. awk question

5. Extremely slow win95->ethernet->linux->(modem PPP) connection.

6. BASH Frequently-Asked Questions

7. Trunpet Winsock -> ppp[0 1] ->linux -> ppp[1 0] -> isp

8. Bios Shaddow w/ Linux?

9. help: network<->ppp<->Internet, last try

10. Network Routeing Linux -> HPUX -> PPP -> ISP

11. Windows.1 ->PPP ->Linux server->Ethernet network-Internet

12. networking two computers using ppp and serial connections