Parallel Port SCSI Interfaces ?

Post by Steve Smi » Fri, 06 May 1994 10:40:40

Does anybody know if there are Linux drivers for the Trantor / NEC Parallel
Port SCSI Interface adaptors.

Thanks,
        Steve Smith..

Post by Drew Eckhar » Sun, 08 May 1994 14:31:05

>Does anybody know if there are Linux drivers for the Trantor / NEC Parallel
>Port SCSI Interface adaptors.

At this time, there is no support for any parallel port SCSI interfaces
under Linux.

However - some one reverse engineered the Trantor parallel
port SCSI interface, and uploaded a small test program to
sunsite.unc.edu.  You might want to check it out if you are
willing to write a driver.

1. Parallel to SCSI / Parallel Port Drivers

Does anyone know of any current drivers available for a Linksys Parallel to
SCSI converter. I have one that I use on a notebook, to attach an external
CD-ROM (scsi) Drive, and a 2 gig External scsi Hard Disk. If such a driver
existed I could use loadlin to boot linux on the external drive, and also have
access to the CD-ROM. I also have a Colorado Trakker tape drive, that I would
like to use on another linux system, it runs off of the parallel port also.
Does anyone know of any drivers available for that. If there are no drivers
currently available, does anyone know when and if there will be. I would be
greatly interested to know. If anyone has any information please email me at

Thanks in advance,

-joe wyatt

2. how to copy entire extfs2 partition to another?

3. Parallel to SCSI Drivers / Parallel Port Drivers

4. sendmail weirdness

5. parallel port printer and parallel port superdisk

6. Urgent X problem

7. Multiple parallel ports/IRQ sharing/non-use of IRQ by parallel ports?

8. Actually....

9. parallel port bpp0 interfacing programming

10. Parallel port interfacing in C???

11. linux sequencer and parallel or serial port midi interfaces?

12. Scanner with parallel port interface?

13. Parallel port hard disk interface