Help:setting up X-windows for Trident TVGA9000 card.

Help:setting up X-windows for Trident TVGA9000 card.

Post by Dylan ELLICO » Wed, 22 Feb 1995 14:39:12

I have a trident TVGA9000, with 512k. I also have an Aamazing 1024x768
NI muti-sync monitor. I am wondering how I would go about setting this up
for 800x600 256 colour mode. I want set this up, right now my x-windows is
looking for only VGA16. I don't know how to get the 256 svga into the
setup. If anyone knows about this type of thing, I would greatly appreciate
any help.

-Dylan Ellicott

1. X-windows with tvga9000

I have been trying to get X-windows to run using the tvga9000 Video card.
When running xinit to config the system the AUTODETECT_SVGA picks up the
card. I use the default for the video clocks, I am not sure what the video
clock speed should be set at, and I think this is my problem.If anyone
knows the correect way to get X to run please let me know..

2. Help Promoting FreeBSD

3. Trident TVGA9000 chip set - Which server for XFree86 3.1.2?

4. fstab and mtab

5. Tip for setting up X-windows with Trident 975 3DImage AGP

6. DNS Setup

7. Need help setting up video card for x-windows.

8. package management in slackware

9. Prob3: - Trident Card and X-Windows

11. Trident VLB card runs fast under Windows, but like generic Trident under Linux...

12. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

13. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits