1. Diamond Viper 770 Ultra and Viper II drivers
On Thu, 01 Jun 2000 02:52:31 GMT, Joe
shouted forth into the ether:
1: Start Xconfigurator, if the card doesn't get autodetected, tell it to
use the SVGA server and specify the amount of video RAM the card has.
Worked for me with a Diamond Viper 770 and RH 6.1 , should work for the
Ultra unless they've b0rken the chipset bits something awful (IIRC both
the normal 770 and the Ultra use the TNT2 chipset. If I'm worng and the
Ultra uses some sort of modified GeForce chipset, which happens
frequently, you may have to upgrade your Xfree86 or use 6.2. Upgrade
directions for getting Xfree 3.3.6 are at
2: See above.
 Xconfigurator, and RedHat in general, had a lot more trouble with this
than SuSE 6.x and SaX did. *shrug*
Matt G / Dances With Crows \###| You have me mixed up with more
There is no Darkness in Eternity \##| creative ways of being stupid?
But only Light too dim for us to see \#| Beer is a vegetable. WinNT
(Unless, of course, you're working with NT)\| is the study of cool. --MegaHAL
2. A Different World...
3. X, Diamond Viper VLB, CTX CMS-1561--will it work?
5. Diamond Viper II and Redhat 7.1
6. FAQ: comp.lang.awk: pointer
7. X and Diamond Viper V550
8. Help getting linux up and running on the net
9. Apologies (Was: Is Diamond Viper a good choice to run an X windows server on?)
10. Diamond Viper V330 agp
11. Help: setting up Diamond Viper 770, shows low res.
12. Diamond Viper SE VLB
13. Diamond Viper VLB driver