libraries and header file

Post by Francesco Barbut » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Can anybody help me find documents about the libraries of c/c++, java
Xlib, Xtk, and othe Xwindow toolkit?
thank you

telph: +39.(0)963.508124        WEB: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/4781
       +39.(0)338.7329372            http://poisson.dm.unipi.it/~barbuto
                                     http://members.tripod.com/~febo

libraries and header file

Post by Duncan Simps » Fri, 27 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>Hi,
>Can anybody help me find documents about the libraries of c/c++, java
>Xlib, Xtk, and othe Xwindow toolkit?
>thank you

Yes. Try the following

Linux C libary: GNU C library manual (PIY or buy a copy form the FSF).
Linux C++ linary: G++ library manual (PIY or buy a copy from the FSF).
Xlib: Volumes 1 & 2 of the ORA X windows series (the proigrammers guide
      is highly recommened, even for those who usually just get the
      technical reference).
Xt:   Volumes 4 & 5 of the ORA X windows series (ditto concerning the
      programmers guide).
tcl/tk: Tcl and the tk toolkit
java: Lots fo choice on this one. Visit your local bookshop.
X extensions: Volume 9 of the ORA X windows series.

I have all but the last two, with PIY version of the GNU manuals in lever
arch files. I also have good stuff like volumes 1 to 3 of Knuth,
"Introduction to Algorithms" (Corrmmen, Leison and Rivest), The TeXBOOK
(Knuth), LaTeX: a dcoument perpation system (Lamport) and The*
companion. (This is just a small selection from my book shelves).

Duncan (-:

1. glibc header files or kernel header files?

I have succesfully installed glibc 2.0.3 on my system. Just recently I have
tried to compile kernel 2.0.30 with it. I also added the pc speaker sound
driver and the newer version of ppp. The kernel compiles fine without the
pc speaker and ppp drivers but with it it fails. The cause appears to be that
the header files installed in /usr/include/sys by glibc conflict with the
header files in linu source tree. Which headers should I use.I tried to
use just the headers from glibc (I copyed all the sys/foo.h over the linux
header files) and the kernel wouldn't compile at all. So which should I use.
Thank you for yur time.

                                                James Simmons
--

2. UNIX equiv. of CLS for ATT605?

3. How to include header files and libraries in my program

4. HP 7200e with CD-ReWritable as a backup system

5. header file <-> library ?

6. Partition Question

7. Header Files and Library binaries needed.

8. SLS versus other packages

9. qt header files and libraries not found

10. Motif Libraries and Header Files

11. X library header files

12. Seeking a Motif compatible library and header files.

13. Qt library and header files question from a Newbie