wu-ftpd-2.1c and shadow passwords

Post by Greg Patt » Fri, 25 Feb 1994 11:53:33

Has anyone got wu-ftpd-2.1c (that's the very spiffy wuarchive ftpd)
going with shadow passwords? I have -DSHADOW_PASSWORD in the make
file (that's what you're supposed to do) but it still seems that I
can not get it to look up a shadow password :-(.

Anonymous ftp appears to work perfectly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Greg Patten                                              Melbourne, Australia

Post by Eric Kast » Fri, 25 Feb 1994 14:54:01

: Has anyone got wu-ftpd-2.1c (that's the very spiffy wuarchive ftpd)
: going with shadow passwords? I have -DSHADOW_PASSWORD in the make
: file (that's what you're supposed to do) but it still seems that I
: can not get it to look up a shadow password :-(.

: Anonymous ftp appears to work perfectly.

: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yep, I'm still using libs 4.4.4, however.  This may not be a problem
with libraries; it sounds like another reincarnation of the missing
shell in /etc/shells.  Check and make sure that the user's shell is
in /etc/shells.

--
Eric Kasten
Michigan State University

My opinions, without a doubt, are all mine.

Post by Greg Patt » Thu, 03 Mar 1994 12:12:10

>: Has anyone got wu-ftpd-2.1c (that's the very spiffy wuarchive ftpd)
>: going with shadow passwords? I have -DSHADOW_PASSWORD in the make
>: file (that's what you're supposed to do) but it still seems that I
>: can not get it to look up a shadow password :-(.
>: Anonymous ftp appears to work perfectly.
>: Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>Yep, I'm still using libs 4.4.4, however.  This may not be a problem
>with libraries; it sounds like another reincarnation of the missing
>shell in /etc/shells.  Check and make sure that the user's shell is
>in /etc/shells.

Actually it was rather obvious and quite embarassing actually as it
was so obvious. In ftpd.c under the #ifdef SHADOW_PASSWORD it looks
in the /etc/passwd for a 'x' in the password field..change that to
a '*' and you're away.

Cheers,
--
Greg Patten                                              Melbourne, Australia

1. Problems with wu-ftpd-2.4 and shadow password

Hello Linuxers.

I just have installed shadow password in my Linux Box. (Slackware 96
Distribution with ELF linux kernel 2.00) Shadow is shadow-3.3.1 i got
from sunsite.unc.edu. Well... I got wu-ftpd-2.4-fixed version of wu-ftpd
from sunsite, i need ftpd running with shadow password. Shadow is
running ok, however whe i try compile wu-ftpd i get the error:

 Making ftpd.
gcc -O2 -I.. -I../support -I/usr/include/bsd -I/usr/include/netinet
-L../support   -c glob.c -o glob.o
glob.c: In function `matchdir':
glob.c:240: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make: *** [glob.o] Error 1

Anyones knows that means? Please, I need your help.

Thanks in advance,
                      Hector R.

2. Sendmail problem setting class w

3. wu-ftpd-2.4-fixed and shadow password suite

4. Not to shabby!

5. wu.ftpd problem with shadow password

6. installing linux from ftp

7. Shadow Passwords and wu-ftpd

8. Is there an IP address which represents "no default gateway?"

9. wu-ftpd and shadowed passwords

10. Shadow password for wu.ftpd

11. wu-ftpd and /etc/shells (shadow passwords)

12. shadow password DOUBLESIZE & wu.ftpd

13. How do I get wu-ftpd to work with shadow passwords?