Thanks for my earlier request for
suggesting to use TERM to ftp files.
I have problems with term now.
I am trying to install term in my school as well as at my home.
My school system has solaris and I do not have root access.
Here is what I did to install term
1. I did a ftp of the file term-2.1.4.tar.gz from sunsite.unc.edu
2. I uncompressed and did an untar. This created a dir term-2.1.4
with lot of files.
3. Afterwhich I ran the ./configure program and then did a make install
installman. I did set the CFLAGS -DTERM_NFS_DIR sice my .term dir is in AFS.
4. This created a bin and term dir in my home dir. I created a dir .term
5. I copied the termrc file given with the source code.
6. when i tried to test "term" running a local and remote in the same system.
my system hangs after printing Reading ~/.term/termrc file what is printed on the
screen is the letter A.
7. If I run the process in the background then the system does not hang
but when i try to tupload it say error" failed to connect socket". The socket
file has 0 bytes and has nothing in it
Am I following the procedure correctly?
I would be thanful if some help with the correct procedure.
The test procedure is not explained clearly in the Term.HOWTO.
Thanks a lot for the responses to my earlier help reques.