The "stock" slackware distribution does not contain support for shadow
passwords, if you want it, you must install it yourself.
Jason Wessel ___
Never too late to Skate. /_____/
1. SHADOW passwords & Slackware
Has anyone successfully installed shadow passwords onto a
Slackware installation? I have Slackware 1.1.2 installed
and, much as I like the general system, I do not like the
version of login without login.defs, etc. I'd like to
install the shadow password suite (3.3.1 is the latest I
think) but would like to know if there's anything I have
to be ESPECIALLY careful about. :-|
3. Shadow password files vs. non-shadowed passwords
4. Epson Stylus 440 and ghostscript
5. ERROR: KDE shadow password error although no shadow passwords used
6. stat() hangs indefinetely on NFS when server down
7. ssh change password & shadow password
10. 2 Questions: ELF Slackware and Shadow Passwords
11. Howto make Slackware 1.1.1 use Shadow-Passwords?
12. Can I use shadow passwords with slackware?
13. refresh shadow password using shadow.h