How do I terminate a slip connection?

Post by c.. » Thu, 05 May 1994 12:23:41

I am using dip-3.3.7 (lilo) with SLS 1.03 and kernel 1.0.  I can't
figure out how to terminate my slip connection without shutting my
system down.  My understanding is that I should kill the dip process,
but the dip process disappears after the connection is established.  I
tried killing the parent process, but that doesn't work.  Can anybody
help me with this?

        Thanks in advance,
        -Bruce Cota

1. TERMINATING SLIP Connection

This sounds like a strange question :-) ... but having had successfully
established a SLIP connection, how does one *gracefully* terminate it?
I didn't see anything about this in the FAQs, only how to INITIATE the
connection.  Doing an "ifconfig sl0 down" didn't work, nor did
power-cycling the modem (broke the connection of course, but the kernel
still thought the modem port was busy).

Thanks,
Bill

2. 2.2.2 Make world

3. Having a SLIP connection terminate after no TCP/IP activity

4. Need help to find driver!!

5. ppp connection terminates after connection established

6. how do I check the patch level?

7. SLIP connection very slow compared to that under DOS, WHY?

8. HELP! My modem doesn't work under Linux!!

9. SLIP Connection to University SLIP Server: Need Help

10. Howto terminate slip gracefully

11. PPP/SLIP connection from NT to SCO Unix through direct cable connection

12. PPP connection works well ,while SLIP connection doesn't work,why and how?

13. auto re-connection of a slip line if connection broken?