PCI, Diamond Stealth vlb 32, and Linux

Post by SALMAAN RASH » Wed, 31 Aug 1994 10:20:45

I am considering purchasing a 486-66 pci computer with a diamond stealth
viper pci video card vlb 32.  I have heard warnings that I could end up
having trouble with both of these and running linux.  I have even heard
I should be careful about which drive controler card I use.  I was
wondering if anybody could offer me some warnings and recommendations
pertaining to what I would need to run Linux.  Thanx a lot!

Salmann

1. Help with PCI, Diamond Stealth vlb 32, and Linux

I am considering purchasing a 486-66 pci computer with a diamond stealth

viper pci video card vlb 32.  I have heard warnings that I could end up

having trouble with both of these and running linux.  I have even heard

I should be careful about which drive controler card I use.  I was

wondering if anybody could offer me some warnings and recommendations

pertaining to what I would need to run Linux.  Thanx a lot!

Salmann
.

2. Networking Prognosis Requested

3. Diamond Stealth 32 VLB + linux = Junk???

4. the file size limit?

5. Linux/Xfree86 and Diamond Stealth 32 VLB

6. Apache DSO support on 3.0R?

7. >> Diamond Stealth 32 VLB & XFree86 3.1 HELP !!!<<

8. Ontrack disk manager compatibility?

9. Diamond Stealth 32 VLB w/ 2M DRAM

10. X for Diamond Stealth 32 VLB with 1MB

11. Diamond Stealth 32 VLB

12. Config for Diamond Stealth 32 VLB W/Tseng ET4000 Chipset???

13. Looking for CTX 1560/LR and Diamond Stealth 32 VLb setup