CPU Usage graph/indicator for linux?

Post by Shoel Perelm » Fri, 08 Jul 1994 13:30:12

A friend running Solaris had a neat-o little graph showing system cpu
usage running in a xwindow... Does anyone know of a program like this for
linux/Xfee?

CPU Usage graph/indicator for linux?

Post by Karl Key » Fri, 08 Jul 1994 23:42:17

Quote:>A friend running Solaris had a neat-o little graph showing system cpu
>usage running in a xwindow... Does anyone know of a program like this for
>linux/Xfee?

Yes - it's called 'perfmeter' and comes with the X stuff. It is VERY like the Solaris/SunOS
performance meter. To use it you'll need to start the rstatd daemon which DOESN'T
come with most standard Linux distributions. Get it from the sunsite directory
pub/Linux/system/Network/daemons. It's called rstatd+kernel-patch.tar.gz and
contains not only the daemon but also a patch to the kernel to give the disk
statistics. For some reason Linus hasn't got them in the kernel proper yet, though
I've sent them a couple of times and they're VERY well tested.

Have fun.

Karl

Vitrociset S.p.A.                               Tel   : +(49) 6151 902041
European Space Agency                           Fax   : +(49) 6151 904041

Post by Mike Rombe » Sat, 09 Jul 1994 04:58:03

     > A friend running Solaris had a neat-o little graph showing
     > system cpu usage running in a xwindow... Does anyone know
     > of a program like this for linux/Xfee?

  I have been working on a program which looks like SGI's gr_osview.
It displays user/system/nice/free cpu time, used/shared/buffer/free
memory, and used/free swap device usage.  It runs only in X and
requires the /proc filesystem.  At this point it has a few minor bugs
but works ok for me.  If there is any intrest I could put it on some
ftp site.

Post by Benjamin Z. Goldste » Sat, 09 Jul 1994 07:18:24

>A friend running Solaris had a neat-o little graph showing system cpu
>usage running in a xwindow... Does anyone know of a program like this for
>linux/Xfee?

I don't run Linux, but isn't there an "xload" for Linux/XFree86?  If
not, I can't believe it would be very difficult to port (just rewrite
the interface in xload to getloadavg).

--
Benjamin Z. Golds*

CPU Usage graph/indicator for linux?

Post by Leon De » Mon, 11 Jul 1994 02:55:42

Look on sunsite for xsysinfo.  It shows multi-color bars for CPU load, idle
memory and swap usage.

Leon Dent

Post by Kelly L. Ful » Tue, 12 Jul 1994 23:29:54

|> A friend running Solaris had a neat-o little graph showing system cpu
|> usage running in a xwindow... Does anyone know of a program like this for
|> linux/Xfee?

Try xosview-0.5.tar.gz from sunsite.unc.edu.  It was in the incoming directory
as of 07/11/94.  I got it this weekend.  It reminds me of the grosview that
I use on SGI machines.  It does CPU/Memory/Swap.
--

             : kc4rdj.ampr.org. [44.34.0.8]

1. Graph CPU usage of OpenBSD part 2

Hello,

I am currently setting up cacti to graph the CPU usage of OpenBSD
getting the values via the following 4 SNMP OIDs:

enterprises.ucdavis.systemStats.ssCpuRawUser.0 = Counter32: 282871
enterprises.ucdavis.systemStats.ssCpuRawNice.0 = Counter32: 6471
enterprises.ucdavis.systemStats.ssCpuRawSystem.0 = Counter32: 2666371
enterprises.ucdavis.systemStats.ssCpuRawIdle.0 = Counter32: 655155796

I've already configured that to monitor a Linux server using the same
method (SNMP) and that works perfect, so now I also wanted to monitor an
OpenBSD server. For that I configured exactly the same infos in cacti
(also RRD config) but unfortunately I get some strange values.

This OpenBSD server is used as a firewall and thus hasn't much load on
it, usually all the time 99% idle, except for backups or such kinds of
events.

Now on the graph I get 127 % idle, which sounds very strange ! Is there
maybe something that I don't know in monitoring CPU usage on OpenBSD
which is different from Linux ?

If you need more infos like dumps from the RRA content or RRD
configurations just let me know I will then provide them.

Regards

2. why must main apache daemon run as root?

3. Quota-like limit on cpu-usage/memory-usage...

4. Epson Stylus Color IIs

5. System info (cpu usage, memory usage, etc) using SNMP?

6. Which ASUS motherboard to buy??

7. How can I get CPU usage & mem usage in my program?

8. Fvwm95 - keyboard focus... lost from time to time..

9. How to find out the cpu usage, real & virtual memory usage ?

10. CPU usage by CPU

11. how to find CPU usages on 6-CPU Sun 3000 with Solaris 5.2?

12. Recompiled kernel with SMP=1: what indicators/perfmeters for 2 CPUs?

13. Graphing Bandwidth Usage by Application/Port