Difficulty configuring X-Windows

Post by Reg Oa » Mon, 27 Mar 1995 02:21:44

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know about a little problem I am having
configuring my X-Windows on a 486 DX2-80 with a Cirrus 5428 VLB video
card and a n NEC 3FGe monitor.

The problem is that I do not know the exact setting for the monitor and
video card sections of the XF86Config file. If anyone could mail me a
copy of their config file (if you have some or all of the  above listed
equipment) I would appreciate it.

Thanx

--

#2, 113-23 Avenue SW      (403) 244-9948
Calgary, Alberta
T2S 0H9

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. SCSI-Kernel for Adaptec AIC 6360?

3. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

4. XWin 3.3.1 (redhat) Root BS works/ user's doesn't!

5. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

6. Linux/68k-FAQ v1.4

7. Help! to configure X-windows

8. test

9. X-Windows can't be configured

10. Help! to configure X-windows

11. Configuring X-windows

12. Configuring for X-Windows on NEC Versa 4230 Notebook

13. Trying to configure X-windows but Intellimouse doesn't work