confused on cdrom

Post by Eberhard Moenkebe » Thu, 11 Nov 1993 12:34:11

Hello Robert and all others,

on 07.11.93 Robert Yetman wrote to All in USENET.COMP.OS.LINUX.HELP:

RY> I recently acquired a SoundBlaster 16 Sound Card and Double Speed
RY> Panasonic 563 CDROM.  Works great under dos, and I would like to
RY> get it working under Linux (pl13).  I checked out some kernel
RY> patches on tsx11 in kernel/cdrom, but none seem to be what I need.
RY> What exactly do I need to get the CDROM and Sound Card working with
RY> Linux?

ftp.gwdg.de:/pub/linux/cdrom/drivers/sbpcd/sbpcd0.5-prelim.tar.gz
for your drive

ftp.gwdg.de:/pub/linux/mirrors/nic/xtra/sound/...
for your ears

Greetings ... Eberhard

1. confused on cdrom

I recently acquired a SoundBlaster 16 Sound Card and Double Speed
Panasonic 563 CDROM.  Works great under dos, and I would like to
get it working under Linux (pl13).  I checked out some kernel
patches on tsx11 in kernel/cdrom, but none seem to be what I need.
What exactly do I need to get the CDROM and Sound Card working with
Linux?

2. location of swap...

3. CDROM "Appears Confused" ???...

4. Problems using slattach and ifconfig

5. Confused About CDROMs

6. Need help with win95 -> SCO 5

7. CDROM drive under RedHat 6.0 'appears confused'

8. How many ... ?

9. ATAPI cdrom cdda not supported for some cdrom drive?

10. ide cdrom and cdrom writer with scsi harddisk using cdrecord can't find cd reader

11. HELP: installing CDROM Linux on non-CDROM notebook

12. only root can mount /dev/cdrom on /mnt/cdrom

13. PCMCIA CDROM unable to identify cdrom