HELP!! -- XFree won't recognize C: & D:

Post by Clemente J. Pataf » Mon, 30 Jan 1995 20:46:32

Can anyone help me????
I've been running Linux 1.1.49 (Yggdrasil Fall 1994) on my 486dx2 66
since October 1994.  All in all, it's been pretty smooth.  However, I
noticed that, when running X11R6, when I bring up the File Manager (xfm)
and try to access my C: or D: drives (both DOS drives), the File Manager
window comes up with the error message "Directories unreadable".

The funny thing is that I can open up an xterm window and read the
directories just fine!!!

In addition, the floppy drives also read just fine.

I use the "mount /dev/hda1 /dos_c" and "mount /dev/hdb1 /dos_d" commands
to mount both drives to the respective directories that I've created on
my root.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.  You can either post here or,

Thanks,

Clem Patafio

1. Interviews under Xfree 1.2 won't recognize right trackball button

Hello.  I got the SLS .99p5 a while back.  I installed interviews as well as
X 1.1.  I then installed Xfree 1.2 with my Trackman II as the mouse.  The
Xwindows system seems to recognize all the buttons (even the middle one).  But
interviews seems to only recognize the left one.  I can't say if this happened
under Xfree 1.1 because I never got that into interviews untill i upgraded my
distribution.

I got the Xfree 1.2 off of tsx-11, and the rest from the SLS .99p5.

Does anyone know why this is happening & how to fix it?

Thanks

Corey Sweeney

I do not own a amiga!

2. NFS -- where do files really live?

3. [Fwd: Help: XFree won't drive my laptop's LCD]

4. Switching to 24 bpp

5. Help: XFree won't drive my laptop's LCD

6. Logitech Marble FX Trackball

7. Dell Dimension xps266, Linux 5.1 & XFREE (that won't work)

8. AHA2940UW

9. Adaptec ESDI & Maxtor 8760E Won't Recognize

10. #9GXE64 & XFree 3.1 - Server won't start

11. 'Toolkit for Linux' won't recognize CDROM

12. HELP: Linux instal won't recognize adaptec SCSI card

13. Help: Linux won't recognize my modem